Wait! Don’t just put away your air conditioner just yet! Sure, things will undoubtedly get cold here in Milton, but that doesn’t mean you can just ignore your AC needs. HVAC in Milton, ON isn’t just about repairing your system so that it can work season after season, it’s about knowing when to finally throw in the towel and invest in a new air conditioner.
Let’s be honest, your air conditioner probably ran into some trouble this summer, right? Did it struggle to keep your home cool to such an extent that you wondered if it was even working sometimes? If this is the case then your system might be ready for replacement.
If you’re unsure as to whether your AC should be repaired or replaced for the heat that will come next summer, then keep reading. We’re the experts, so we know the signs to look for when it comes to an AC upgrade.
When to Repair
Most of the time, a targeted repair is good enough to keep your air conditioner running in good condition. If it’s been well-maintained, hasn’t run into many problems thus far, and is ultimately less than 10 years old, we’d recommend getting it repaired. There’s no use replacing a system that’s been working just fine and has a lifetime of cooling ahead of it!
When to Replace
This is the trickier question. Homeowners often like to think that they can keep repairing their air conditioner and have it work forever, like an old muscle car. This is not the case. Air conditioners are only supposed to last up to 15 years, and even in those few cases, they can start showing major problems. Efficiency levels dramatically drop, repairs become frequent and expensive, and you’re overall going to end up paying more for your ancient air conditioner than a new one. Let’s list out some of the most important signs that your system needs to be replaced.
- Age. As we mentioned before, an old air conditioner will just start incurring problems. This isn’t our guess, it’s born out in statistics. If your AC is nearing 10-15 years in age, do yourself a favor and get it replaced.
- Inefficiency. Old air conditioners lose efficiency to the point where they can no longer economically cool your home. This can be the point where you deem it economically responsible to replace the system.
- Frequent repairs. Air conditioners should only need a repair every once in a while. If you’re calling us every few months for something to be fixed, then there’s clearly something wrong. No, we don’t mind the extra calls, but we mind you having to pay more money than you need to!
- Expensive repairs. A tightened screw or replaced panel isn’t something to be worried about when paying for repair service. However, if you’re confronted with a compressor failure or something along those lines, you might be better off replacing the system entirely.
- Poor cooling power. What’s the point of an air conditioner if it doesn’t keep you and your family comfortable? If your AC doesn’t do its job then simply replace it with one that does.
The team at Peatson’s Heating and Air Conditioning Ltd. specializes in AC replacement. Contact us today!